I am back uploading two posts a week! I am determined not to break this again. September was crazy busy but no matter. We are now in October and I don’t know about you, but I am always up for comfort food at this time of year! (YAY) So in today’s post I am going to show you the recipe for Joe Wick’s Chicken and Leek pie.
What You Will Need
2 large knobs of butter
1 large leek, washed and chopped into 2cm pieces
200g mushrooms, roughly chopped
4 x 250g chicken breast fillets, cut into bite-sized pieces
250ml chicken stock
1 tbsp cornflour
100ml double cream
2 large handfuls of baby spinach leaves
About 6 sheets of filo pastry
Drizzle of olive oil
EASY STEP BY STEP
- You want to preheat your oven to 190°C (fan 170°C, gas mark 5).
- Melt the butter in the pan on a low heat.
- Add the leek and mushrooms and fry for a few minutes.
- Put the heat to high and add the chicken that has been cut into mouthful pieces.
- After a few minutes, add the chicken stock.
- Mix the cornflour with 2 tablespoons of water until smooth, then pour into the pan, along with the cream.
- Stirring carefully, bring it to the boil.
- Once sauce is thickened, bring it off the heat and add in the spinach leaves.
- Then tip the whole lot into a pie dish about 28cm x 15cm.
- Take a piece of filo pastry and crumple it to look like a crumpled piece of paper.
- Place it on top of the pie in sections and continue this method with the remaining sheets.
- Drizzle the pastry with olive oil.
- Place it in the oven for 20 minutes until the pastry looks crisp.
After 20 minutes your pie will be ready and you should be able to enjoy this heart warming meal. If you end up making this, please send me a picture- I would love that. Thank you for reading and if you want to see more, please subscribe to this blog.